Well we had our 2 month check up with first immunizations today, and it went way better than I expected. I was filling out a questionnaire on her growth and progress like grabbing things cooing etc. There was a question about if she has started to laugh, and I checked the box for not yet....then I am finishing up the next page of questions when in her sleep she giggled...twice! It was the cutest thing!! I hope to see more of it soon, but I think it may be a bit considering the shots were not her favorite thing. She turned purple, but was surprisingly consoled the minute I picked her up off the table. They only half let me hold her, so they could control her legs and I would avoid getting stuck with a needle. Understandable. Anyhow...she did well and was so good in her car seat that I was able to get the mail, which is about a 5 min drive away. Then we got home and she took a nap in my arms while I watched a movie...then the pain or something set in...no fever...no boobie, and clean diaper, so I gave her half a dose of what they recommended for her, and she is now sleeping happy in her swing! Oh yes I can finally put her down sometimes in the bouncer or the swing. For those of you who don't know...Sofia likes to be walked....a lot...and sometimes it is the only way to calm her...especially to get her to sleep. Needless to say it has helped me get back to pre-pregnancy weight and I will probably have legs like a speedskater soon, but oh well.
That is it for now...going to get in another movie if I can!
1 comment:
We're glad to hear she s\did so well after the shots. I know you were worried about the drive home afterwards.
But I wish we could have been there to hear one of those first giggles.
Tom
Post a Comment