Some of you have heard by now that we had a typhoon...and oh boy did we ever!
I was thinking eh...no big deal...the last "typhoon" was less threatening than some of the rain storms we have had. This one though was insane!
The winds started up around 8 or 9ish at night, and were so intense the windows were bowing and the building was moving...OK people...we live in a huge 9 floor block of concrete! The glass cabinets were shaking and I was thinking the building wasn't going to make it...at least the windows would break. The howling and whistling of the wind through the windows was so loud!!
We ...well Sofia slept in the living room away from the windows nestled near one couch to be used as a barrier if the sliders decided to break. I was awake until it ended...I was in and out trying to sleep, but I remember thinking "oh it is quiet now..it is OK...I can sleep." It is crazy what maternal instinct does...cause if it was just me and Tom I would've been out like a log!
We made it through the night...our emergency water that was in the tub leaked out...so much for that! The streets were filled with debris...mainly tree branches. I saw a few dead birds...it was sad! The tree tops are broken and most are dried out from the winds...they are normally so lush here with all the rain, but it looks kind of like winter now.
All I can say is WOW!
No comments:
Post a Comment