Sofia

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Love the Cloth Diapers!!

Ok well Tom was skeptical...I was not sure I would be able to do it, but our cloth diapers from Bum Genius are awesome!!
Since I am staying home for our tour here in Okinawa and I am inclined to do planet and health conscious things I decided to buy 36 cloth diapers = 3 days worth. 12 in the drawer, 12 in the diaper pail, and 12 in the washer. So far it has been not that bad at all!
I do laundry every day is the only downside, but is is manageable. I love that the diapers are chemical free and very soft. We have had no leaks or blowouts...I hope I have not cursed myself by saying that!! They are adjustable, so they should last until she potty trains = very cheap! They were $18 a piece and we also spend .08 cents on diaper liners ( to keep most of the poo off the cloth) per diaper. These liners obviously are for one use only and come from Kushies. We had to use regular diapers until she met the 8 lb requirement for the diapers, and we couldn't believe how expensive they were! We paid like $10 for 3 days worth!! At that rate I figure that our diapers will pay for themselves in 64 days...and if we add the expense of the liner then we are looking at maybe another 3 days each month she is in diapers ( about $30 a month)...WOW! I knew we would save money, but not that much money!
Oh and yeah they are also good for our planet...how about that!?

No comments: