Sofia

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trip to the Passport Office

Ok so when Grandma and Bobbie came Grandma's passport was only valid for her trip here...to return she had to get a new one from the Japanese passport office.
This led to a few trips down there needless to say...this is a recap of one of the trips!

So we head out to pick up Hiroshi and Akemi and stop by to drop off the passport application. We planned to do this first and then pick up Hiroshi and Akemi...we planned! We get in the car with diaper bag full (5 diapers, change of clothes etc.) kid in tow. It takes about an hour to get to the office, so we are hoping Sofia will stay asleep for a good portion of the trip. Not so much! We have to stop for first diaper change and feeding midway. That works out ok, but now we need to go to the airport first. We get to the airport and of course diaper change and feeding, but this diaper change requires 2 diapers because she peed in one and then pooped immediately in the fresh one I put on! We are now down to 2...I am thinking we will make it, but....
We get to the passport office and she has peed again. I drop off everyone and they head up to the office. I am changing Sofia in the car in a loading zone. She is crying. She poops. Now my last diaper is used and during all this she also lost her original outfit and is in the spare.Then decides she wants to pee again...Great! What do I use Macgyver?? I remembered that I had a maxi pad for myself just in case I needed it...ok what can I stick this to....hmmm ok I have a baby hat...good enough. So there is Sofia with a maxi pad in a baby hat, and I am crossing my fingers she doesn't go for a while. I am waiting a really long time, so I ask the security guard where I can park. He directs me to another garage across the street. I go and feed Sofia...
We get on the expressway...so far so good. Now all we need is no pee for 45 min. HAHHAHAH yeah right!! So since it is late we decide to stop in at the Kentucky Fried Chicken...and then pee happens....and of course the pad couldn't hold it all and it goes all over her last outfit. Now we resort to the naked baby wrapped in a blanket with a receiving blanket under her bum to absorb anything else that happens! Poor kid!
So we finally make it back to a warm bath, and footie jammies!

At least I can say that being a parent will make you more creative and calm during crisis!
Oh and we now carry 9 diapers for any outing!

No comments: