"Eventually" is now our new phrase for these types of situations, which I think we can now downgrade to a SNAFU. It was provided by Tom #1 (senior Tom), and we like it! Thanks Tom! We have been informed as of this morning that the ETA into Naha is July 25th...let's emphasize the "estimated" part there...or maybe we can say "eventual" time of arrival! Just don't want to get too high hoped these days!
So if all goes well, but who are we kidding there! hahahhahhah! Our stuff should clear customs and be up here at Courtney by 8-1-10. So that gives 2-3 weeks until the kid has a possibility of showing up, so I think we are ok. It will be a little rushed and stressful, but we will be ok.
4 months without furniture is kind of life altering. I sort of realize how dependent we are on electronic forms of entertainment, and I have a new love and appreciation for the small things like your own bed and pillow, curtains or sun blocking apparatuses, and thank god for internet and streaming radio!
The commanding general of Tom's division is holding a welcome aboard families talk tonight for the spouses and kids. He seems like a really nice guy, and very family oriented. He offered to do what he can about our furniture situation, and I am at least hoping between him and the super horrible ICE report I am going to write that this company will need to change a few things regarding customer service.
I finally got Tom to show me how to work that chunk of metal and buttons that is a camera. I ask him if there is a way for me to just point and shoot, and he says yes, but you will need to adjust the light aperture or something. Are all of you as confused as me. What the hell is light aperture!? So had to explain that I just want to turn it on, press button, and voila there is a picture in the camera...and a decent one at that. Ahhh so there is an automatic mode on that thing, so I will snap and upload to my hearts content these next few days. Tom has duty and that means my monopoly buddy won't be available, so have to find other forms of entertainment.
oh yeah and this is my actual belly now...the last picture was a bit too flattering...I had to tell Tom we needed documentary style.
No comments:
Post a Comment