Well Tom was selected to be promoted to Lt. Colonel!! YIPPEE! He will pin on in 2012, so earlier than we expected.
He came home from Korea last night after being there for about a week. He had to take his pack and MREs and I was not really sure why...I joked that maybe he was going on a secret mission to get Mr. Il.....hahahhah. Ok but then a few days after he left I talked to a neighbor whose husband happened to be with mine, and she kind of gave me the feeling she was a little worried...I am thinking "what is going on over there"...so I turn on the AFN channel...these are the military run programming when you live on base...lots of interesting military based commercials...anyhow apparently there has been something going on with N. Korea threatening S. Korea for doing some live fire exercises on an island....oh well that is where Tom was! I guess that maybe I should read the news or whatever, but then I thought about it, and not knowing saved me 6 days or so of worrying, so maybe I will keep my head in the sand sometimes!
Going to post videos this week I hope...I got some really cute ones..at least I think so!
1 comment:
Nicole, you really must get a subscription to Stars & Stripes - the actual newspaper, not just the weekend "what's happening" supplement.
Post a Comment