Sofia

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Gourmet Chef!

Well recently I have been deemed a gourmet chef by Sofia. We got into spices and herbs...so here are her favorites so far...

Pears with vanilla
4 Tbs Oatmeal cereal
2 packages Plum Organics Pears
3/8 tsp vanilla
Warm in microwave for 10 seconds to heat vanilla a little.

Carrots with thyme
2/3 cup carrots
3 Tbs brown rice cooked with a little butter
1/2 tsp olive oil
Sprinkle of thyme
Warm oil over low heat and add thyme. Cook until you smell the aroma. Add carrots and rice.

She is so serious about these...both hands go in the bowl. I recently tried to get her to smile and laugh while we were eating and she looked at me like " (A) you are not funny and (B) get to the task at hand woman!(delivering food to her mouth). So I gave up! On to Butternut with sage or rosemary...not sure which one yet.

No comments: