Sofia

Monday, May 2, 2011

It was a good day!

Well this parenting thing has not been the easiest for me as some of you know. I was really not prepared to be so needed. I sucked it up and did what I thought was right now matter how tired or broken my arms and legs got. I think it has paid off! I finally feel like maybe I have turned the page from what the heck was I thinking (sometimes) to wow this is fun! Hugh shocker!

Note to Grandparents: No this does not mean I will do it again...maybe I will adopt at around 8 months ish...we will see.

Today we went to the Aeon mall that has a Jusco in it....was looking for curtains for our new pad! OMG I am so excited about that! We met with a friend of ours Candice and Sofia's boyfriend Peter. We did not find any good curtains, so we decided to get a bite to eat. We sat in the Japanese style seating, which is actually great when you have a kid...nothing falls on the floor...cause your on it, and there were lots of cushions to play and crawl on...also to take a taste of. Sofia was just cool and calm...I fed her, and then she just played on the floor. There was a couple with a 2 month old that sat in the next area and she was all smiles with them and was crawling over to them...I had to bring her back a few times! It was great though that we have an independent child...what I really hoped for...I would like to think that all the holding and not letting her cry it out has helped make her secure enough to just do her own thing knowing that we are always there for her. Maybe she is just sick of me though! hahahah!
Anyhow today I was so happy with my life and where we are. It is great to be in Japan at this age...everything and everyone are so baby friendly...there is a great love of kids here. It totally rocks!

2 comments:

Auntie Stella said...

Ahhhhhh! Good to know there is light @ the end of the tunnel! Totally know what you mean & how you felt, especially w/my added bonus of breast feeding w/the PAIN of Raynauds. OMG! I'm w/you sister! As much as I LOVE my lil baby Jewel, NOT doing it again! Thanks for your honesty...only being 6 weeks in really helps me stick it out! I'm really happy for you!!! Can't wait to get there!!! Have a fabulous Mothers Day! Love you!

Izumi's Kimono said...

Have a fab one yourself, and yes there is a light...I don't want to get too excited yet though...who knows what may happen next...you know the kind of stuff that no other mom will tell you happens! 7 1/2 months is a great age though...I have to admit!