Sofia

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Today will most likely be the day

Well we went to the hospital yesterday, and after checking the Dr. told me I was 90% effaced and maybe 2 cm, so I had my membranes stripped to help along the process, which let me say was very painful! The Dr. had to actually break through the cervix, as his finger is bigger than 2 cm....lovely. I would hate to see what other "invasive" procedures feel like. Anyhow we got home and not much difference. I was a little crampy and sore, but after what just occurred it seemed reasonable. Started having stronger contractions last night around 10, and awoke this morning to 6 min apart decent contractions. We are headed to another Dr. appt. at 7 am here, so won't be home for a bit. May end up staying at the hospital depending on where my contractions are in the next hour and what the Dr. says. I hope to labor at home for as long as possible though. No breaking water yet.
I have to hop in the shower now, so will update or call key persons in the phone tree (haahahh) soon.

Ok so I am back and I am now 2-3 cm dilated and still having regular contractions. The midwife said that I will most likely be in labor by tonight, so YIPPEE!! Thanks to the Noel side of the family I will be delivering an estimated high 8 to 9 lb baby girl! Tom just laughed and smiled at the confirmation of her size. I am not that excited about it! I am going to try and rest, as we did not sleep well last night or for that long, so e-mails will be sent on our way to the hospital, and doula will e-mail pic and summary after birth.

FINALLY!!

1 comment:

Tom said...

For those of you anxiously awaiting a phone call or email... its 11PM and we're going to sleep. Still waiting on contractions to increase. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow morning...