Sofia

Monday, September 13, 2010

Our light at the end of the tunnel!

I was really excited to have my no medical intervention birth, but now I am just thrilled to hear at our appt today our midwife come in and say "we have scheduled you for an induction on Sep 21st".
My cervix has not changed at all. Issue seems to be that Sofia's head will not engage (drop into my pelvis). From what I am understanding them tell me is that contractions and an engaged head are needed to open the cervix. Furthermore something like the head engaging also helps the contractions come regularly. My theory is that the head was too big 2 weeks ago to engage! We will see what happens. Labor still has a chance of starting on it's own, but my gut feeling is that I will be induced, and then have to have a C-section due to head size. Figures that the exact opposite of what I wanted will happen. I think that is what they called character building via life lessons. Either way there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I am very happy about that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great news! I actually commented on your last blog, but see now it was never posted, although I had proofed it before and after!

I know at this point, natural or C-section is not as important as getting her into the outside world. Another week isn't so far away, and maybe you could go into labor before that?

Love to you both (uh, I mean three),

Mom

Anonymous said...

Is this a family trait? Gee, nobody told me about it before I gave birth to a 9lb 15 oz, two week late baby via C-section. The waiting was all worth while though, and I know it will be for you two as well. Good luck!

Izumi's Kimono said...

Hi Lynn,

No offense,but who are you?

Anonymous said...

Ha, Tom's cousin Lynn, and no offense taken.

Anonymous said...

So ... I haven't seen any new posts, could it be that you two are in the hospital awaiting the birth of Sophia (the giant)?? lol

Lots of compassion and hugs to you,

Mom