Well everything is normal! I finally got the results from the ultrasound done at 20 weeks, and no abnormalities were detected. Still a girl! All of the genetic screenings were negative as well! She a little smaller than average, but still within normal range. They are measuring her as about 4 days smaller than I am actually, but that is fine by me! Due dates are never accurate either...so. I will have my gestational diabetes test next week, and my next Dr. visit will be July 1st ish (29 weeks). I am a hefty 140 lbs now, and I can't imagine that my belly is going to get bigger, but it is! Now that we are settled I am getting about a mile a day walk for exercise and will start water aerobics end of June here at the base pool. I am excited to use my big momma bathing suit...will post pics, but not of my thighs! hahhahah!
We found out yesterday that our big shipment of household goods (furniture and everything basically)may not get here until July 1st. Tom is really frustrated, as our paperwork said latest it will be delivered to us is June 16th. We will see what happens. It does leave me with only about 2 months to get the nursery and house unpacked and set up, so that will be a tight finish! We also need carpets in all rooms, and found out last night after picking out all the rugs from Lowe's that their are weight and size restrictions when shipping to FPO, so we are going to furniture stores this weekend out in town to try and find stuff.
Good news is they were able to ship the toilet pipe that we need to fit the Cat Genie to the toilet! Tom, the cats and I totally miss that thing. Regular litter sucks!
We also had our first basic Japanese class, and Tom did very well...we learned a lot of stuff, but we have one week until next class to practice. I think it will totally be useful for Tom conversationally...they don't teach any reading or writing, so I am working on that with him at home. I signed up for the next set of classes, but they go while Tom is working, so I will bring him the lessons.
Well I am off to mail a letter to relatives Akemi and Hiroshi from the Japanese post office...I guess if you mail it from base it potentially will go to US and then back to Japan = total waste, so going to do my walk and find a post office. Then later when Tom gets home we are going to the Makeman to buy house slippers and noren curtains. The really good slippers were at the San A, so we might end up there as well. So all you that are coming be prepared - shoes will only go to entry way of house...you will each get your own house slippers! Arigato gozaimas! ありがとうございます
No comments:
Post a Comment