Ok so here is the story about my new car...
Our trip here has been riddled with irony and obstacles....what is new? Anyhow...the latest I thought is pretty funny.
So I have told some of you , but for others the pre story is this....
We were still in El Paso at the time...and Tom tells me he already found a car and has committed to buying it. I ask him "what is it?" He tells me it is black. He has a picture. This is of course the only information needed when buying a car right? So he shows me the picture....coupe, black sporty car. OK...so I look at my belly and at then at him, and explain to him that 4 doors will be nice.
We arrive on island, and pick up car. POS - dirty, so low to the ground that my rear has bandaids and getting in and out requires hoisting or Tom pushing me up and out. So also let me explain that the cars in Japan are small....very small. Tom's head is an inch from the roof and knees are almost in steering wheel. hahhahha. Saving features of car - only source of transportation, new tires, and I think new transmission. Why they didn't just junk it I don't know. Hilarious part - Tom drives it to work and when we are out and about...big marine with pink "Carolina girl" sticker on back window! ahhahahah oh and every panel ...let me rephrase...every square inch is dented or scratched.
ok so I find the perfect car for my car....white box on wheels...4 doors...very clean inside, trunk room for stroller, and big roomy backseat for carseat. Wednesday the owner and I go to change over the title etc., and when his wife is leaving to bring back the car for me to pay them and receive my beautiful non low car......some guy plows into the back of it 4 times while she is stopped at a stop sign! Are you kidding me?! I am now waiting for the car to be repaired...it is at the shop. 100% paid for by other driver, but I was so excited to drive that thing!
Alas I am learning to have patience that can not be deterred by anything!
Side note - yep still waiting on our furniture....living with air mattress, dining room table, and Sofia's room has a dresser. That is it....well we have pots and pans, towels etc. that I sent in our early shipment. However, if we do not receive our shipment soon I believe that I will be unable to get up from this air mattress at some point!
So this is my life right now....despite setbacks I am having a great time, and am now laughing at all the stupid things that happen. Hey it is not El Paso!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment