Beautiful!
This is Ikei Beach. It is about 30 min away, and you drive through another island to get to it and one bridge. The drive is really scenic, and we are going to go back and take pictures of the drive. The beach was sandy with a little coral here and there. The water was clear and very nice. They had lots of amenities....tables with awnings and barbecues, umbrella rental, jet ski rental, glass bottom boat tours, etc., Japanese restaurant, American style food cafe, bathroom and showers. However, in the bathroom I saw a spider that was the diameter of a good size orange...scary! The swimming was great although I had not realized how hard that was going to be with way less lung capacity, so it turned into more of a Tom holding on to me, and we walked a bit. I am hoping we can have barbecues here with friends, but it is far away for most of them...they live or will be living at other bases.
Today I had my gestational diabetes screening...not so bad, but I have never had such a sugary drink! Then later in the afternoon I went for a prenatal massage at the gym. It was awesome, and I plan to go back. Not much else going on this week. Waiting for the car I bought to get out of the shop...long story...maybe next post. Maybe we will have another fun adventure this weekend pending rain. I will also attempt to get a hair cut in a Japanese salon down the street...we will see what happens! oh yeah - I got to sport my "big momma" bathing suit which does a good job of hiding what pregnancy does to ones body!
1 comment:
I can't wait to come visit!!!
Post a Comment